By Ken Honda, Published on August 10, 2020
Want to make life happier, richer and more fulfilling – even in these most challenging times? Here are five tips about finding happiness and money to start today:
- Practice Gratitude: When you don’t have gratitudefor what you have, there is no foundation to build on. You will continuously be filling a hole that can never be filled. But when you are thankful for what you have, as you accomplish and gain, it will overwhelm you with happiness.
- Be Happy Now: Dreaming of a beautiful future has its place, but it will forever be a dream unless we learn how to be happy in our present.
- Be Rich in Self-worth: We are all worthy of a good sense of self-esteem. Learn to know that you are more than a moment in your life. Learn that you have skills that others do not. Learn that you hold power in your life. Learn that others depend on you. Learn that you are loved. Learn that you deserve to love yourself, and then love yourself. Then you will be well on your way to true wealth.
- Build Your Awareness of Wants Vs. Needs: We’ve all done it – bought something expensive, and then ended up with buyer’s regret. Understanding what actually fits into your life and knowing that purchase is going to return its value to you is an important skill to develop.
- Don’t Cling to Money Worries: Worrying about money is an addiction that keeps you from focusing on what else is going on in your life. When you are truly struggling with money, it is understandable that it would cause worry. But what so many of us do is we go through a period in our life where money is scarce, then we hold onto the fear of that moment long after it has passed. Even those who accumulate financial wealth often continue to worry about making sure their money is enough – and they end up missing out on the joy in their life! Learn to allow fear into your life when it is helpful, then recognize when it is no longer serving you and let it go.
Read the full article here: To Change Your Life, Change Your Thoughts: 5 Money & Happiness Tips for Challenging Times From “Zen Millionaire” Ken Honda