Updated April 18, 2019
Your privacy is important to us. The personal information collected from this website may be used for a variety of purposes including identification, registration, authentication, online transactions, and marketing. The personal data of customers and website visitors may be stored indefinitely and may be collected and processed in one or more databases maintained directly or indirectly by The Website Owner, operator, or their agents. By providing personal information to The Website Owner, operator, or their agents, you agree and understand that The Website Owner, operator, or their agents may access, store and use this information for a variety of purposes including identification, registration, authentication, online transactions, and marketing (unless you have opted out of receiving marketing solicitations) in any of the countries in which The Website Owner, operator, or their agents maintain offices, including the United States.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
You should be aware that the website owner, operator, or their agents will disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to (1) comply with legal process; (2) respond to any claims; or (3) protect the rights, property or personal safety of The Website Owner, operator, or their agents, our customers or the public.w
Information You Provide to Us
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for courses through kenhonda.com to provide a username and email address.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a product from kenhonda.com for a live or online course, for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Affiliate Information: If you offer our ecommerce Services to sell our products or services to others through our site, you have the option to create a kenhonda.com affiliate account or log into an existing account. As an affiliate, you will typically provide us with information about your financial account for commission payments, such as the email address for your PayPal account and your TaxID/SSN for accounting purposes.
- Content and Communications With Us: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you through feedback surveys, testimonials, photos, videos, emails and/or written letters. For example, you may write to us for clarity on a question regarding your course, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to post the feedback on our website or community forums such as Facebook.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you visit our website on kenhonda.com. We do this for marketing and security reasons. We do not track or store the full IP Address, only the first six digits to track originating country/region, nor do we correlate or store specific IP addresses to a user account or with any unique identifier that will be correlate with a specific user in our system.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform on theawareshow.com–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (e.g., [kenhonda.com Online user] logged in at [time/date]). As another example, the course management platform tracks information like the last time you entered a course, where you are at in completing the course, and assignments completed or in progress. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support document searches on theawareshow.com and other parts of our Services). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Cookies – What They Are and Why They Are Used
Like many companies that provide web sites, the website owner, operator, or their agents may use “cookies” in order to better understand and serve the needs of our online visitors. A cookie is a small text file that a web page server places on your hard drive. Cookies function as your identification card and may record passwords, preferences and purchases. Cookies are used to let the web page server know that you have returned to this site. This helps us to be more efficient in serving you because it permits us to determine what information and web pages you may be especially interested in viewing. Cookies also can be used to determine other information, such as the daily visitors to our web site and the pages of the site most frequently visited. Cookies are unique and can only be read by the server that assigns them. They cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. If you do not wish to have a cookie set when you visit our web pages, you may alter the settings in your browser to prevent them. The browser can be “instructed” to accept all cookies or to alert you every time a cookie is offered. However, by not accepting cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
How We Share Information
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Ken Honda, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns with partners.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on our website, and your “Likes” and comments, are all available to others.
For example, a comment or post you might make on Ken Honda’s Facebook page or groups, along with other profile information you may make available within your posts.
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
Personal Information Related to Children
The website owner, operator, or their agents does not intend to collect personal information from children who identify themselves as being under 18 years of age. Children should not provide personal information on this web site, and should ask their parents to submit a request on their behalf if they want to receive information related to this site. The Website Owner, operator, or their agents encourages parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. The Website Owner, operator, or their agents Respects and Protects Your Personal Information and will take reasonable measures to protect the information you share with us. Whenever you give us sensitive information (such as when you register with a personal identity and password) The Website Owner, operator, or their agents will take commercially reasonable steps to establish a secure connection with your web browser.
If you choose to “opt out” of receiving information from the website owner, operator, or their agents, its partners or other companies or organizations at the time you submit personal information, or you would like to stop receiving information from The Website Owner, operator, or their agents, you may notify us at any time by sending us an e-mail message or a written notification to the email or postal address indicated in the next paragraph. Please include your name, address (including country), and/or e-mail address when you contact us. If you notify us that you wish to “opt out” after you initially provided us with personal information, we will no longer share your personal information with other companies and organizations subsequent to your “opt out” notification. However, any information we provided to other companies or organizations prior to receiving your “opt-out” request will not be recalled.
Updating, Reviewing, and Deleting Your Information
You can help the website owner, operator, or their agents to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change to your address, phone number, e-mail address or other information by sending us an e-mail message to the email address listed on the ‘About/Contact Us’ page or by notifying us in writing at the address listed on the ‘About/Contact Us’ page of this website.
Links to Other Sites
The website owner, operator, or their agents are not responsible for the privacy practices of other website owners, operators, or their agents sites to which the website owner, operator, or their agents website(s) may link. We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of these sites before you provide them with personal information.
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
How to Reach Us
- In the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.