By Bob Burg | Published September 17, 2019
How do you feel about money? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, money and happiness expert Ken Honda shares with us why⏤not the money itself, but our emotions around money⏤have so much to do with the degree of happiness we experience.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- The beauty of a free market: a place where people can choose to buy and pay for what they wish based on their own values.
- Why money tends to be one of the most emotional concepts there is, and why most people’s reactions to money have a negative ring.
- Several prosperity-based authors who can help you override the constant messages of lack we receive from so many sources.
Interview with Ken Honda
- The story that opens Ken’s book⏤a rather strange story by Western standards.
- The difference between Happy Money and Unhappy Money.
- Why most of us are already in a deeply committed, unhappy relationship with our money.
- The tragedy that began Ken’s quest to learn and understand the meaning of money.
- Two powerful words that will help you to start to transform your relationship with money.
- Two kinds of money knowledge: IQ and EQ.
- The myth of scarcity and why it is so pervasive.
- What parents must teach their children about money.
5 Steps to Happy Money:
- Shift out of the scarcity mindset.
- Forgive and heal your money wounds.
- Discover your gifts and get into the flow of Happy Money.
- Trust life.
- Say “arigato” all the time.
Listen to the podcast: Happy Money