By Ken Honda, Published on April 3, 2020
7 Happy Money Tips to Get Through Hard Times
1) Identify local businesses that need support and contribute to them. For example, buy a gift card for later use, or order takeout.
2) Share your favorite businesses on social media to encourage others to give their patronage however they can.
3) Donate money to local food-relief efforts for your area’s most vulnerable populations.
4) Check on an elderly neighbor and offer to bring them groceries, medicine, or supplies.
5) Use social media to invite people in your circles to share ways people can interact with their business during the quarantine.
6) Connect with local artists and musicians and support their work through online downloads or purchases.
7) Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you are in need, let your community know what is needed, stay in a place of gratitude, and allow support to flow to you.”
Money and happiness expert Ken Honda is a best-selling self-development author in Japan, with book sales surpassing seven million copies since 2001. His latest book is called “Happy Money: The Japanese Art of Making Peace with Your Money” (June 4, 2019, Simon & Schuster). Ken studied law at Waseda University in Tokyo and entered the Japanese workforce as a business consultant and investor. Ken’s financial expertise comes from owning and managing several businesses, including an accounting company, a management consulting firm, and a venture capital corporation. His writings bridge the topics of finance and self-help, focusing on creating and generating personal wealth and happiness through deeper self-honesty. Ken provides ongoing support through mentoring programs, business seminars, therapeutic workshops, and correspondence courses. Ken is the first person from Japan to be voted into the Transformational Leadership Council, a group of personal and professional development leaders. He is fluent in Japanese and English; lived in Boston, Massachusetts for two years; and currently resides in Tokyo, Japan. Learn more at KenHonda.com.